It’s here! Our most anticipated product launch to date has landed in Ireland. After years of research, tests, trials and reformulations we are delighted to bring you our Clean Screen Mineral Sunscreen.
So what make’s REN Clean Screen SPF30 so different to all the other SPFs out there?
- It is the result of 6 years research into how to formulate an SPF that is both good for your skin and as clean as possible to our planet.
- It contains 22% naturally derived, non nano zinc oxide to effectively block UVA, UVB and Blue Light rays to prevent aging and publications.
- It is infused with Yellow Passion Fruit Extract, to provide antioxidant action. and boosts skin’s internal defence system to help protect from pollution and free radical damage.
- Our formulation is completely Vegan Friendly.
- Rice Starch is added to absorb oil, controls shine and minimise pore appearance.
So Why did it take so long?
Well as you know, we are a clean skincare brand and our Clean to Planet ethos is at the core of everything we do. It might come as a surprise to you, but traditionally SPF is not great for the environment in fact it is some chemical sunscreens can enter the marine environment and cause serious damage to coral reefs. So our number one priority was to develop an SPF product that would have as little negative impact on the environment as possible. We needed to find a formula that would provide broad spectrum sun protection with costing our planet – and it’s safe to say that proved to be a challenge!
No compromise clean skincare.
As you know – we don’t use silicones in our products, which from a formulation perspective this proves a bit tricky as most SPF and sunscreen formulations rely on silicone to create a product that is easily spread and doesn’t leave you looking great. So after a lot of testing we overcame this by incorporating next generation nano zinc oxide so that our Clean Screen absorbs easily with out being chalky, meaning it sits well under make-up, even on sunny, sweaty days.
A ray of light for clean SPF.
By using naturally derived mineral zinc oxide and a tube made from 50% recycled plastic – with a 100% recycled cap, we’ve created one of the cleanest SPF formulations on currently on the market.
So as you can see, creating a great SPF product that performs well under pressure and is also clean to planet, wasn’t straight forward and literally took us years. We’re pretty confident that you’ll agree it was worth the wait!