What you’ll need
1 small cucumber, approx 80g
Small handful (approx 20) mint leaves
3 tbsp lime juice from 1-2 unwaxed limes
2-3 tbsp maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar, as sweetener to taste
½ a small bottle of Seedlip
2 small cans of Fevertree Cucumber Tonic
2 handfuls of ice
A jug or small bowl
Knife and chopping board
The mocktail method
- Pre-chill your glasses with some ice cubes and set aside a few rounds of cucumber for garnish.
- Smack the mint leaves between your hands and rub them around the rims of your glasses. You can also do this with lime juice, sugar and salt.
- Roughly chop the cucumber and ginger before blending with the mint leaves and lime juice. Blitz till smooth, with a few splashes of water if you need it.
- Pop a sieve over your jug/bowl and strain the juice from the blender, using a spoon to press down the mixture to aid extraction. Why not keep the pulp to add to curry or soup later?
- Tip the ice into the jug of juice to chill, then mix in your sweetener of choice with half a small bottle of Seedlip. Stir and adjust with lime or sweetener to taste.
- Divide between your glasses filling halfway up then, when you’re ready to drink, top up with your tonic. Make a cut in your reserved cucumber slices and slip them onto the glass rim to serve. Now, you’re ready to enjoy.